• Login:

Welcome to the Droid Bionic Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Encryption unsuccessful

This is a discussion on Encryption unsuccessful within the Droid Bionic Help forums, part of the Droid Bionic Support category; So here's my story. I took the OTA JB update and it was great. I loved it for the few days that I had it ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By B.E.McAllister
  • 2 Post By lightlover

Thread: Encryption unsuccessful

Bionic Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Encryption unsuccessful

So here's my story. I took the OTA JB update and it was great. I loved it for the few days that I had it running. I even had it rooted. And then I came across AOKP Build 6 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware, and that sound even better. I installed safestrap and created slot 2. Supposedly, that's the only slot it will boot from. At this point I have stock at slot 0 and AOKP at slot 2. The only problem I had at that moment, was that I didn't have a microsd card installed and AOKP wouldn't let me use the camera or gallery without one. I didn't need one with the OTA, it used the internal memory as an external memory. I didn't understand this part at all. Why would stock on slot 0 let me use the internal as storage and the AOKP wouldn't? I had things backedup by Titanium, but whenever I tried to restore them on AOKP, it said no backups found. And clearly, right there on the internal storage, there were the back ups. I had no need for the OTA and I only wanted AOKP to run.

So I had the brilliant idea that I would completely format the internal memory, and try to install AOKP as the main without any slots by using Bionic Recovery Bootstrap. That's when the fail sauce poured in. Everything seemed fine until it rebooted. Now I'm stuck in the Encryption unsuccessful loop black hole. I've been googling about a lot since this has happened, it seems as though it's happened to others as well. I feel as though I'm stuck in this hole and I have no idea how to get out.

Any help to get me out of the loop and back into working, would be extremely appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Bionic Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried to flash cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc.xml with RSD Lite, but I get a fail once it hits step 5 out 24. oem fb_mode_set -> phone returned fail.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Ouch. If RSDLite didn't get you back, I'm not sure where to go from there. Will it go into the boot menu?

Bionic Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Post I need my phone back to normal, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

i have my droid bionic here, i was trying to flash my phone while connected on usb while on radiocomm and i accidentally pressed restart and now i got the "Encryption Unsuccessful" and plus, my phone is on jelly bean stock, i need my phone normal,like, NOW!!!!!!!!!! I also tried the same thing flashing stock with RSD Lite and the same failure happened,i think my phone is bricked now...

Bionic Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    1. open the file : cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc
    2. remove the line : <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" /> AND <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />
    3. Save
    4. Try flash use RSD

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    youdoofus likes this.

Bionic Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by B.E.McAllister View Post
    1. open the file : cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc 2. remove the line : AND 3. Save 4. Try flash use RSD Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you so much!

Bionic Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Glad to help

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Bionic Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Thanks B.E.McAllister

Thanks so much B.E.McAllister you saved my bacon. I've had a soft bricked Bionic for about a month and your instructions helped me fix it. Here is what I wrote a few minutes ago in the new user forum.
    When my Bionic softbricked threw my own carelessness. It took me about a month to find the solution here today. I tried RSDlite a number of times but today I found a B.E.McAllister suggestion to edit and remove 2 commands in a .xml file and wallah I'm alive again ;o)
    He suggested :::
    1. open the file : cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc
    2. remove the line : <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" /> AND <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />
    3. Save
    4. Try flash use RSD
    So I charge my battery all the way up!!!
    Unzipped and removed the 2 command instructions from the file "
    cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc" it's just a 3 kb text file that is less than a page of command instructions for RSD Lite to perform during a flash process.
    Saved the now altered file.
    Then zipped the files up with the new changes.
    Ran RSD Lite v6.1.5 had it decompress the file (browsed to its location in my pc)
    Booted my Bionic to fastboot mode and connected it to my PC
    When RSD Lite discovered my softbricked Bionic I selected my phone
    Then ran start in RSDLite (for the last month the best it would do is run to maybe step 5 of 22 and then fail)

Now with the altered instructions it ran all 22 files Yipee (time to do the flashing was maybe 10 to 15 minutes)
    Then it had me power cycle the phone and the Bionic booted to a green Droid with something slowly spinning in its stomach (That step took a long time to complete maybe 15 to 20 minutes) super happy me
    Then the Bionic would boot to the setup screen.
    So I'm Quite happy this support team helped me out ;o)
    Now I need to root it, put Safestrap back in it and run CM11 again.
    It is soooo good to have that opportunity!!!
    Thanks team ;o)

Last edited by lightlover; 05-18-2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Some mispelling
    B.E.McAllister and youdoofus like this.

Ads